Sunday, November 15, 2009

Big Red Upset: MBA 27 EHS 24

This post will not be like any other game recap I have ever written. It is almost too painful to look back on this game. I will not give any drive summaries or stats of any sort... just my subjective opinion.

If you read my previous post previewing this game you can read my prediction. In that prediction it lists all the things that the two teams had to do in order to keep their season alive. MBA did those things, Ensworth didn't. It's that simple.

Mistakes were made, by players and coaches alike but I'm still proud to be a part of this team. I would like to thank the coaches, specifically Jason Hiett who gave me the opportunity to be with the team. Without his dedication to the technical side of football I would have little to do for the team and could not be a part of the past two undefeated regular seasons. I also thank the rest of the coaches for treating me like they would treat each other, whether it was on the coaches office or at school. It was a very special feeling.

Secondly, I would like to thank the team. I was not treated like the stereotypical "water boy" or the kid that's always at our practices. They treated me like they treated each other (except when it came to mouthpieces). Everybody knew my name, even most of the freshmen that I have never met before, and even the ones who still don't actually know who I am. I feel blessed to have players to cover like Orleans and Antonio, and I feel the same about those who don't get the same kind of recognition. I would not trade this team for any other in the country.

Lastly, I would like to thank everybody associated with RUMBLE, broadcasting and stat gathering. I would like to thank Cindy Rose, Alex Boehm, Nathan Caplan, Alex Dean, Mark Zager, William Joy, Thomas Doochin and the EHS Broadcast Club for all their hard work. Whether it was calling the games, gathering and submitting stats, editing, or putting together a good webcast, I really appreciate the effort given to help promote and expose this team.

Hockey season has already begun and girls and boys basketball is just around the corner. RUMBLE has not ended; it will be very active in the following weeks. I will not be able to be everywhere at once so, please, if you are interested in contributing please email me and we will work something out.

Once again, thanks to all for the memorable season.


No comments:

Post a Comment