Monday, November 9, 2009

6 in 6 Part 6: Jack Allyn



Jack Allyn has been in goal for all three years of his high school hockey career. Jack has had to face more shots than almost any other goalie in the Nashville high school hockey system. Last week Jack recorded his second career goaltender win against Ravenwood/Brentwood.

Q: Jack, who is your favorite NHL player past or present and why?

A: Patrick Roy is probably my favorite NHL player. No particular reason, I just always remember watching him play in the Stanley Cup when I was younger and thinking that he was cool.

Q: I understand you wear Tomas Vokoun's old goalie pads, how did get your hands on them?

A: Yeah, they are actually his backup pads he used during the Olympics a couple years back for the Czech Republic. I got them during an auction held at the Sommet like two years ago, they cost a lot, haha.

Q: At what age did you start playing hockey?

A: I started playing hockey when I was 6 really, actually with my brother shooting pucks at me in the basement of our old house against my will. But it stuck, and I started playing ice hockey like a year later.

Q: What is the hardest part about goaltending?

A: The hardest thing about being a goalie is trying to read what a shooter is going to do, like deke, shoot high, shoot low, or pass.

Q; Most teams are at least two deep at the goaltender position but you're Ensworth's only goalie on the roster. Is there anyone that you think that can or will step in for you maybe later this season since you're involved with the fall play?

A: I've no idea really who would even want to do it, but William Decker has tried before. I'd probably want Miles Karro to play though.

No comments:

Post a Comment