Friday, November 6, 2009

6 in 6 Part 5: Neal Rice


Freshman Neal Rice will be a key part of Ensworth's ability to win games this season. He is already a top scorer and will continue to improve as the season moves along. This is nothing new for the Tigers as last year freshman Matt Peacock led the team in goals. Ensworth's season relies vastly on newcomers and underclassmen like Neal.

Q: Neal, who is your favorite NHL player past or present?

A: My favorite NHL player is probably Maxim Afinogenov of the Buffalo Sabres, because he is an all around good player. He can hit, he can shoot, he can pass, and he sees the ice really well, meaning he's a really good playmaker.

Q: At what age did you start playing hockey?

A: I started playing hockey when I was 6. After my first Predators game, I knew I wanted to play this sport.

Q: What differences did you first notice when you played your first high school game?

A: The game moves a lot faster, and the players hit a lot harder.

Q: Which game are you most excited about playing this year?

A: The game at the Sommet Center against Blackman High School.

Q: As a Freshman, you already have 2 points in 4 games, what are your goals specifically for this season?

A: My main goal is to keep trying hard, finish every shift tired, get more goals, and hopefully get more wins for the Tigers.

No comments:

Post a Comment