Wednesday, September 2, 2009

11 in 11 Part 4: Rodney Anderson


Rodney Anderson is an up and coming prospect in Tennessee. Rodney got a lot of first team reps late in his freshman year as a defensive back, even in the final playoff game against Brentwood Academy. Unfortunately, last season, Rodney missed most of the season with a torn ACL. Now he's back. Against Oakland he had 5 tackles playing safety, but a lot more than tackling lies ahead for Rodney. He can play almost any position with his strength and speed. He can return punts and kicks, and he can line up as a wide receiver or as a tailback on offense. On defense he can play anywhere from corner or safety to linebacker. We will see if Rodney was the missing piece to last year's team.

Rodney, we didn't see you on offense much in the game vs. Oakland... why is that? Do you have to be more careful since you tore your ACL last season, and has it affected your playing ability this season?

I didn't play much offense in the game against Oakland because Coach Bowers and Ms. Megan were trying to be safe, and they didn't think I was ready to be hit in the legs, and yes I do have to be more careful since my injury last season, but I'm comfortable now to where I don't feel the soreness. It has affected my game just a bit. It only affected my cutting and stopping.

Do you prefer playing offense or defense? Do you see yourself as a two-way player?

I prefer to play offense but right now I don't have a choice; I do play as a two-way player, and I'm fine with it.

Next year we will lose Orleans Darkwa and Malcom Grigsby due to graduation, do you think you will be the primary tailback next season?

Losing Orleans and Malcom, I do think that I will become the primary back, but not the only back. There are plenty more tailbacks like Quinn Hamilton and Marcus McAlpin that could also play in this position.

Who will be handling most of the kickoff and punt returns this year?

The people handling the kickoffs and punt returns will be Jacob Carter, Quinn Hamilton, Corey Sacks and Orleans, but I will get back there as punt returner sometimes.

In practice you have been seeing some time at wide receiver; is that a position you like playing?

I do kind of play wide receiver; I mean its not something that I like to play, but this year I see more of the field with it in the game right now.

Have you received interest from any colleges yet?

No, I have not had any colleges that are interested in me except for camps and questionnaires.

Do you think this team has a shot at state?

Yes, I think we do have a good chance at state this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment